So Black Friday has come and gone, the busiest shopping day of the year!
We wanted to share a statistical round up of this year’s Black Friday to all our readers…
- Sales in 2019 soared 16.5% compared to 2018.
- Transactions were up 7.2% year on year.
- Black Friday promotions were at an all time high (6% greater than in 2018) and ran for much longer than previous years.
- The average discount on a Black Friday deal was 32% off.
- Online sales traffic was split 58% smartphone, 37% desktop and 5% tablet.
- 36% of smartphone sales were actually completed, whereas desktop sales completed sat at 59%.
- High street shop visits were up 3.3%.
This year’s Black Friday was the biggest yet and it may have something to do with it falling on the 29th, just after payday for millions!